(meteorobs) Peaking, er, Peeking GEMS

Bill Godley wwgj180 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 14 01:00:44 EST 2008

I just got out (11:15 local time) and saw several nice GEMs in the first 10 minutes or so, moonlight notwithstanding.

Unfortunately, I spent the next 20 minutes searching for holes in 50% to 90% or so obscured skies and saw only 1 more GEM.  I'm going to head back out after midnight and see if anything changes - forecast not promising.

I think it will be a good show even with the bright moon.  If you are reading this and it is still overnight on 13/14, I suggest you battle the moon and bag some Geminids.

Bill,
Coweta, OK