(meteorobs) Geminids tonight

pmartsching at mchsi.com pmartsching at mchsi.com
Sun Dec 14 01:34:30 EST 2008

I went out after looking at the infrared satellite hoping to get a couple hours observing between masses of cloud.  I got two "fairly clear" hours 9:30-11:30 local time with 5% clouds the first hour and 10% clouds the second hour.  More Geminids the second hour.  A fair number of bright meteors.  If it is clear where you are, I think it is worth while going out yet tonight in spite of the bright Moon light.  Will post summary of observations tomorrow.

Paul Martsching
Ames, Iowa