(meteorobs) Sodom and Gomorrah Explained--An Asteroid!

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 15 12:11:42 EST 2008

I just watched a very interesting program yesterday about the biblical
story of Sodom and Gomorrah. I think it's part of a Discovery Ch series
this month called Biblical Mysteries Explained. Some very, very
interesting archaeological and astronomical evidence strongly suggests
it was a very large asteroid. They can even pin it down to June 29 of
3123 B.C. The story is based on science and historical fact.  (A big
debt of history goes to an ancient Sumerian astronomer with a terrific
knack for observation and recording it accurately.)  The asteroid had
enormous impact on the climate of the earth. I really do not know if the
show is rescheduled later this week.

The story is detailed in
<http://www.amazon.com/Sumerian-Observation-K%C3%B6fels-Impact-Event/dp/1904623646?>
See more details in the reviews.

--

*         "*Nothing bothers me more than greener-than-thou people
          who say I don't think we should have nuclear, we should

**                    Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>