(meteorobs) OT-Possible single stationdeterminationofmeteordistance.

stange stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 17 20:32:27 EST 2008

You are likely right.

I had earlier estimated 1.44 seconds for a 30 mile meteor if I remember
right late last night.

I had considered(1us), phase locking both cameras from one cameras time
bases but without a schematic (or even with one) it is more work than I
intend to do. If it is not simple now-a-days.... I look for another way or
scrap the project. I stay away from external synch cameras and monitors
because in used condition they are mostly boat anchours.

Got two fireballs last night. One is a reasonable detonation, the other is a
wet firecracker. Am processing images to go into the IR image library now.

BTW -Found more data on J.D.'s camera. The CB803S is a 0.3 lux camera. If
his is similar without the shutter speed selections(S?).... it won't bode
well for any meteor capture....

Thanks Chris.
-Larry