(meteorobs) OT -Question to Cloudbait Observatory.

stange stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 20 13:25:34 EST 2008

Hello Chris.

Appreciate your thoughts on stacking blocking filters.

Is their any reason to select which filter should be in front if I use BOTH
UV & IR?

It is my intention to take meteor detonation photos using the IR blocking
filter alone and  taking photos with BOTH filters too for comparison. I will
try both filters FIRST. Expecting the new PC164C around X-mas. My system is
down now while I build the housing to fit the new camera, lens, and filter
dimensions.

Thanks for any thoughts you or others might have on the leading filter
preference.

BTW- I accidently took every photo to the present time with a UV filter
which was mtd.& left in to size the housing. So we do not know yet what the
IR filter will do on meteors. :-(

YCSentinel