(meteorobs) OT -Question to Cloudbait Observatory.

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Sat Dec 20 13:45:17 EST 2008

The order of the filters doesn't make any difference, unless they have other
properties as well. For instance, if one of them has an AR coating, I'd put
that one closer to the sensor to minimize internal reflections that might
distort the image.

BTW, since the main thing you're doing is cutting down the light, why not
operate the camera at a faster shutter time instead? You still avoid
saturation, but you get better spatial resolution in your individual frames.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com