(meteorobs) Upcoming Leap Second & CHU to change frequencies

Robert Warren cometman_75 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 29 11:56:40 EST 2008

The change in frequency might be related to the U. S. going all digital in February 2009.  this is all a part of an international agreement on the reallocation of frequencies, as well as an attempt to use each frequency effieciently.  Lets face it, there are only so many frequencies available totally and worldwide.  That means as the technology improves, the usage of those frequencies should also improve.  Hopefully this will improve the problems that currently exist with Aerospace Navigation aids such as TACAN, VOR/ILS, Marker Beacons, etc., which have for years suffered from interference from high powered radio and TV stations.

Robert Warren