(meteorobs) Meteor Obs. 12/30/08 - Mathias, WVa

George Gliba gliba at milkyway.gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Dec 31 12:05:06 EST 2008

stange wrote:
> I cannot think of ANYTHING more unfortunate than that George. I hope
> collimation & drive was not permanently damaged.  -Larry

Larry et al,

   Yes, it was pretty unfortunate, but things could have been worse, like
the optics breaking. The collimation has not been checked yet, but a
plastic knob was broken. But, like all of us, as we reflect on the New Year,
we should be thankful for what we have. As we enter into the IYA, we should
educate people about the wonders of astronomy, and meteorics & meteoritics
in particular. Our "Stone Pelted Planet" and our living now in such a
wonderful
cosmos, should bever be taken for granted.

Happy New Year!
GWG