(meteorobs) satellites and artificial meteors?

mark777ebay at aol.com mark777ebay at aol.com
Wed Feb 20 18:07:24 EST 2008

hi- I was wondering whether anyone thought it possible/likely that the destruction of the satellite over the Pacific might lead to some meteors?? Does anyone know if the satellite is moving east to west or ????

On another topic?--- we spend a lot of money each year on fireworks.? I wonder if 100 pounds of sand directed in the right direction from outerspace could lead to some localized fireworks/meteors?? Perhaps it would be hard to get the velocity high enough?...

thanks for any thoughts-

Mark