(meteorobs) Radio Fireball Observatory captures - Ashcraft

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Tue Feb 26 10:01:02 EST 2008

Here are some movies ( with and without sound ) of some interesting
fireball moments the past few days.

This morning my system captured two fireballs about 17 seconds apart but
I don't think they trace back to a common source.
http://www.heliotown.com/Fireball_February_26_2008_Ashcraft.html
There are three movies on this page. The first movie is a Sentinel
capture. While the Sentinel box was processing the movie a second
fireball happened. This second meteor was captured on my redundant video
system that records to a separate hard drive with dual channel forward
scatter sound.  I posted two movies with forward scatter sound....one
short version, 33 seconds and one long version about 2 minutes 25
seconds that has most of the radio reflection. You can easily
distinguish the two separate meteors if you listen with headphones or
with good stereo speakers.

More movies here as well:
http://www.heliotown.com/Fireballs_February_24_2008_Ashcraft.html

Clear skies,