(meteorobs) A very big meteor event around 17 February?

Woodchuk woodl at telus.net
Wed Feb 27 19:20:17 EST 2008

Here is a very rough translation (Norwegian to English) of the message. There
doesn't seem to be any mention of craters.

Facts northernmost Grønland oplevede Sunday a mysterious apparition at heavens , as
both blev set in Upernavik and Qaanaaq. Sara Lyberth , there is learn at school in
Upernavik , hang together along with her daughter at 11, as they pludselig saw
noget falde down at heavens : Mysterious himmelfænomen above Qaanaaq Photo : Farda
Olsen Cirka kl.10.22 saw I a ildkugle , I belief it was a aeroplane , there faldt
down at heavens. It faldt from the north suffered diagonally mod south , there
stayed a lot of fires and the fire stayed against that elapse ud , as it faldt. I
saw facts along with mine daughter , and call to at once at police fortæller Sara
Lyberth. I against no matter about it was a himmellegeme. There stayed ligesom a
genstand index , it was no matter barely fires , it was accordingly I tænkte at a
aeroplane. There stayed cloudy mod trace , saw we be able no matter see as it faldt
, but I was not seeing røg bagefter. We blev bange , against not at all hvad it was
, has never set noget likewise , but I believing it faldt at ice , saw måske am
there get egg on efter it dér , concludes Sara Lyberth , there is spændt at about
other has set fænomenet? Also in Qaanaaq fortæller stationsleder Farda Olsen at
police , that he at approximately additions moment yesterday elevenses oplevede a
mærkeligt apparition at heavens. See here facts fantastic photo he train af fænomenet.

Larry Wood