(meteorobs) Early quadrantid

Richard Kramer kramer at sria.com
Tue Jan 1 11:45:54 EST 2008

While out walking the dog last night I also scouted for a good
location for observing the coming Quandrantids. I guess I was looking
at the right place at the right time. As I was orienting myself to
the radiant position with respect to one possible observing location,
A beautiful, golden mag 1 Quandrantid dropped from right below the
radiant about 10 degrees towards the nne horizon. And this was in the
most light polluted sector of my sky which had an LM of barely 2. Not
only was the alignment correct, all of the characteristics matched
the shower. If this was an SPO it was doing an excellent Quadrantid imitation.

Richard