(meteorobs) Siddhartha, Dead channels or a change in frequency?

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Wed Jan 2 22:34:39 EST 2008

Also.......maybe before you try 40.530 MHz with a dipole......you can
try to use your present tv antenna oriented towards Idaho.  Even though
the tv antenna is not made for frequencies that low in MHz you can still
possibly receive meteors using a simple tv antenna. I am 750 miles from
the Idaho transmitter and have gotten strong scatter using a busted tv
antenna and it works surprisingly well.

Good luck if you try.

Thomas A