(meteorobs) Possible final year of tv transmitter scatter in US

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Thu Jan 3 00:06:08 EST 2008

Hi Larry,

I have heard that forward scatter may be possible in the future using
the "pilot signal" for the tv video carrier wave.  I have tried to
receive this pilot signal but have been unsuccessful in my early
attempts. I am not sure how powerful this signal is.  Hopefully radio
meteor observers will find solutions to this problem in the coming
months so that radio observations will be possible into the far future.

Thomas A