(meteorobs) Quick Impressions from East GA and Central Virginia

FELIX A MARRTINEZ suejam1 at juno.com
Fri Jan 4 13:56:52 EST 2008

Glad to see that several  of our talented high-perception Observers saw a
good "show" from the Quads last night!  Under LM 6.5 skies and very cold
temps (around 14 degrees F), at first glance it appears like I averaged
between 15 - 22 Quads/Hour, mainly after 0700 UT.  Unfortunately, I
probably stopped observing too soon (only observed between 0515 and 0900
UT) and the rates may have been climbing?  Quite frankly, it was just too
cold (spoken like a true "South Florida Chicken" and I kinda lost
interest after my Wife Suzannah went back inside after 0715 UT).  Still,
it was nice seeing a few more Quads than I have ever been able to see
before.  My initial assessment & impression is that the radiant does not
get very well placed until almost daybreak, especially from any location
South of 40 N latitude.  Most of the Quads between 0515 and 0830 UT,
seemed long (almost earthgrazerish), which made them rather impressive to
observe.  Will send along actual data in next posting.  Looking forward
to the reports from other Observers!
                                                In Astronomical Affinity
- Felix A. Martinez