(meteorobs) daytime fireball, near Graham NC

Steven Kolins smkolins at mac.com
Fri Jan 4 19:11:49 EST 2008

More details to come but I have a first hand report from some distance
as well as a another from much closer of a significant morning
fireball traveling about due north at 7:17am local time somewhat east
of Graham NC.

Total transit took about 1 sec. There was a brilliant single flare in
mid-path - near solar brilliance (enough to hurt the eyes some 10
miles horizontal distance away) - with a brief fiery orange trail that
lasted maybe 1 sec.

I'll be trying to put together more specifics once I plot my location
and the second observer and get a better grasp of directions and
distances.

Steven Kolins
mailto:smkolins at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/smkolins/
http://smk99.blogspot.com/
Possess a pure, kindly and radiant heart!
They that believe in vain thoughts forsake their own mercy.