(meteorobs) Appeal to meteorobs observers: please report to IMO

Richard Taibi rjtaibi at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 6 07:11:43 EST 2008

Hi all,

There are many really good reports about the 2008 Quadrantids here on the Meteorobs list.  However, when I compare names here with those who have registered their watches on the IMO "Quicklook" site (http://www.imo.net/), I don't see many meteorobs people.   This is a shame because valuable data is being lost to the worldwide data gathering organization.  True, it does take time and trouble to complete the IMO procedures, but doing so will yield useful information that will otherwise be lost to an organization that keeps data for future research.  We can make a contribution to scientific data as well as sharing our observational experiences by going to the IMO site: look for the "Quadrantids 2008" heading and click on the "report your observations" link.

Best wishes,  Rich