(meteorobs) Latest QUA data

meteoreye at comcast.net meteoreye at comcast.net
Sun Jan 6 15:42:34 EST 2008

BTW, I thought I'd mention that the MAC site IMO visual data (Red) is a day old, and does not show the ~ 80 ZHR reflected in recent data.

http://www.imo.net/live/quadrantids2008/

I should point out that the on-the-fly data is not QC'd, and the error bars are large during this "peak" period, so timing and intensity could change, but the trend seems to be confirming a peak around 8 UT +/- 1 hour. This is later than all predictions in advance (0200 UT and 0640 UT) which will give the math heads something to digest.

That's why we do this unique science/hobby. Sometimes, only the ground truth grounds the models.
As all science, it is an iterative process, with models and data (from visual, video, radar sources) strengthening each other.

Wayne

From: meteoreye at comcast.net