(meteorobs) possibly meteoric smoke trail?

Ed Cannon ecannon at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Jan 12 16:48:43 EST 2008

This is doubtful, but may be worth asking.  I was pointed
to a video of an unusual persistent smoke trail.  It was
photographed from Prince Edward Island, Canada.  It was
to the west or southwest of the photographer and westbound
at sunset, beginning in mid-sky and descending towards the
horizon.  It does not look like a contrail to me.

The video is in four sections, and to me the third section
is the most interesting.  Here's the link to the video:

http://www.journalpioneer.com/index.cfm?main=broadcast&bcid=751

Ed Cannon - Austin, Texas, USA