(meteorobs) meteorobs Fireball?

drobnock drobnock at penn.com
Sun Jan 13 09:53:58 EST 2008

About 6:00 am EST today (13 Jan)  I went out to observe predawn the sky.
The temperature was 27degF. Sky high Clouds and hazy. The limited mag
was 3 to 4. I was out to 6:27 AM and decided to go inside. My location
is central Pennsylvania.

About the time I went in to the house -- lights still out -- I noticed a
bright flash mag -15(?) - the surrounding area briefly light up. At
first I thought a passing car  or the other thought lightning. It lasted
about a 1/2 second. The brightness appeared to be from the north east.

I looked for a possible trail. Nothing.

Any other Mid Atlantic observers see a similar event?

Sorry about the spottyness of the details.

George John Drobnock