(meteorobs) [IMO-News] Re: Huge fireball observed over France on January 25 2008

Pavel Spurny spurny at asu.cas.cz
Mon Jan 28 17:34:21 EST 2008

Javor,

> it is very interesting that meteor cameras in Slovenia recorded two
> fireballs (magnitudes -6 and -8) one night before (January 24, 2008).
> Did anyone else on the list record fireballs around these dates?

I can only say that our automated stations did not observe any higher
fireball activity over Central Europe (and similarly also in the second
network over SW Australia) in the last week. Closest to your fireballs we
have one short case (0.7 seconds duration and about -6 mag) on January 26 at
4:09:01 UT which is nothing unusual.
Cheers,
Pavel