(meteorobs) Ist Light...and it's hot!

meteoreye at comcast.net meteoreye at comcast.net
Tue Jul 8 18:05:19 EDT 2008

That's what I didn't like. The term "Molten Mass" is typical of the hyped headlines of the MainStream Media. We all know (or should know) that almost all of the mass is solid, not molten. Most likely, if it's a meteorite dropping fireball (which is of course not known) the center never gets molten. Otherwise it is vaporized, possible even through sublimation.

Sorry to be picky, but the scientifically ignorant media and I have been rasslin' a bit lately, so I hate to see inaccurate headlines attached to events.

In any case, great image!! If that's first light, we should all be so lucky!

Wayne

From: "stange" <stange34 at sbcglobal.net>