(meteorobs) Ist Light...and it's hot!

stange stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 9 01:43:23 EDT 2008

Just a few of many sources and opinions on it all. Even read references
before on surface melting in IMO somewhere and in AMS and NASA etc.,

Can't locate the original formal document that described & a great
illustration of the ram-pressure boundry with the small boundry zone of the
slower frontal surface gas flow causing a state of melted material ablation
which can occur in fireballs and meteors. These are only a few that mention
the types of melt conditions that can occur. Its all theoretical.....

http://www.springerlink.com/content/c53q37752640673w/fulltext.html

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/full/1952ApJ...116..203T

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/search.jsp?R=382817&id=5&qs=N%3D4294937611

YCS