(meteorobs) Ist Light...and it's hot!

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Wed Jul 9 11:48:10 EDT 2008

	Don't know why Larry refers to this as a "molten mass".  This is
rather misleading.  Actually our West Coast Fireball Network went into
operation with four Sandia convex All-sky cameras in June 1998.  Our
present network using the fisheye Sandia Cameras consists of stations
located here at Courtenay, B.C., Gabriola Island, B.C., Kelowna, B.C.,
Penticton, B.C. and Osoyoos, B.C.  The Osoyoos camera was originally
set up in Woodinville, Wa. One of our original Stations, Victoria B.C.
went out of operation along with our Nanaimo B.C. station.  We hope to
get the Nanaimo station back on line and also one in Vancouver, B.C.
At my observatory I also operate meteor spectrographs during major
shower peak dates.  See my web page at:
http://members.shaw.ca/epmajden/index.htm  Yes, I know it needs
updating but I hope to get around to that one day.  I also operate a
radio meteor detection station from my observatory, see:
http://radio.data.free.fr/main.php3

Ed Majden
Courtenay, B.C. CANADA