(meteorobs) IMO 2009 Calendar predicts Leonids storm

Mikhail Maslov ast3 at ngs.ru
Wed Jul 16 09:46:49 EDT 2008

Hello,

I should make some corrections to the interpretation of my
predictions, linked by Daniel.

DF> http://feraj.narod.ru/Radiants/Predictions/1901-2100eng/Leo2001-2010eng.html
DF>  - ZHRs up to 65 only in 2009 (but 115 this year)

Predicted overall maximum Leonid rates are 130-140 meteors (ZHR) for
2009 and 130 this year. Rates 65 and 115, given by Daniel, relate to
separate encounters with trails, and without background activity. The
rates from individual encounters are given in tables for yeach year,
and overall maximum rates - in textual comments to the tables below
them.

DF> http://lists.meteorobs.org/pipermail/meteorobs/2005-March/002088.html
DF>  - ZHRs up to 241 in 2009 (and, gasp, 435 this year)

These were preliminary results, corrected downwards later, I also sent
a message to Meteorobs about that correction.

Best regards, Mikhail