(meteorobs) SPE and DAU : what is the difference?

meteoreye at comcast.net meteoreye at comcast.net
Thu Jul 24 14:02:57 EDT 2008

Hi Karl,

The IMO video data suggests a much longer break between the showers. Sirko detected SPE activity from Sept 5-13 from near RA 48, Dec +39. DAU activity was detected only from October  6-12 from near RA 106, Dec +46. So that leaves 3 weeks of very low (if any) activity between them.

The IAU lists SPE activity from Sept Sept 7-23 (RA 050 Dec +39; 9/12) and DAU from 9/29-10/18 (RA 84, Dec +50 10/8)

This suggests they are clearly 2 different showers, and perhaps the IMO start and end times are generous.

Wayne
From: Karl Antier <ka.antier at wanadoo.fr>