(meteorobs) REFORME (was Re: Active radiant in Aquilae in July, 14/15 night?)

Karl Antier ka.antier at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jul 26 07:07:47 EDT 2008

Dear Wayne and all,

> I feel my job as an experienced observer is to try and
> share what I've learned over the years to help everone
> else. It's one reason I'm so pleased to write the NAMN
> notes, which is designed for the novice as well as hopefully
> filled with tools for the more experienced.

The occasion to thank you a lot for them !

> If I can be of any help with your efforts with REFORME, let me know.

Thank you again for your help proposal.
At the present time, we are still trying to gather French observers.
Not an easy task, as meteor observing is absolutely not developped in
our country. But I'm quite confident, because during the last months,
we were contacted by very motivated people who joined the REFORME after
having installed all-sky cameras. We still need some more permanent radio
observing (Jean-Louis will confirm) and visual observers, but people
tend to contact us more and more often when a fireball is observed, or
something dealing with meteors happen.
We also have interesting exchanges with UK (Alastair McBeath, David Entwistle),
Spain (Josep Trigo) and Italy (Roberto Labanti), when a fireball observed
in one country could have been observed in another one.
We also discuss with some people working in UFO (for example the GEIPAN, or
individuals) who have sometimes some interesting information on fireball
sightings.
So that requires work, but that's really improving and I think we'll manage
one of these days to create something interesting and useful !
And if you're living in a neighbouring country, don't hesitate to work
with us if needed !
For reminding, this is the adress of our website (simple, for the moment):
http://www.imcce.fr/hosted_sites/reforme/ (thanks to the IMCCE for sheltering
us!)

Best regards,
Karl