(meteorobs) repost of 1999 message on SDA

prospector at znet.com prospector at znet.com
Wed Jul 30 13:09:57 EDT 2008

The 29th of July registered four different years of impacts on the moon,
tied with the 20th of Oct as the most years with impacts during the time
(eight years)the seismic network was operating. Of the 171 larger impacts,
the 29th had 8, tied with three other days for 6th most impacts for the
seismic network and the modern '06-'08 visual lunar impacts combined. All
of the 8 impacts were in the '70s. List of larger impacts for end of July,
28th-2/'72, 29th-2/'71, 4/'73, 1/'74, 1/'75, 31st-1/'72, 1972 was a leap
year. As yet, July has not been posted for the modern visual lunar impacts.
Modern impacts only listed one on the 19th in 2006.
                                       Dave English
                                   Oceanside, California