(meteorobs) YCS to Cloudbait.

stange34 at sbcglobal.net stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 9 03:11:22 EDT 2008

Hello Chris.

Not having any luck on the Arietids with either system, All-sky Sentinel, or
the mirror regardless the light, contrast, & trigger sensitivity settings in
my city location.

Thinking of trying (for one night only), running a Stellacam II with a 8mm
lens continiously with frame accumulation turned OFF....  for 45 minutes
prior to dawn aimed at the mirror.

Do you know of anyone that has damaged their Stellacam II camera running it
for 45 minutes non-stop into a composite frame grabber? Also, it will be
more than hard for me to get up at around 3 AM to climb the patio roof to
turn the camera & everything else on. If you think there is a risk to the
camera, I won't try it.

I have only used the cam for DSO's before.

Larry
YCSentinel