(meteorobs) News Report: Rare daytime fireball seen over Utah mountains

David Entwistle David at radiometeor.plus.com
Tue Jun 10 01:33:50 EDT 2008

Does anyone know any more about the following possible daylight fireball
reported by ksl.com?

Rare daytime fireball seen over Utah mountains

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3496031

[With respect to the library image used, I should point out that the
image is not of the event reported and has been discussed here
previously - taken from the UK several years ago(?). As I recall, the
consensus was that it was not of meteoric origin, rather a contrail
illuminated by the setting sun.]

Most of the comments are on unrelated subjects, but I did find the
following of particular interest.

Comment from Julie J

My daughter and I were sitting on our porch and saw this. It was really
cool. I thought that I heard a crackling sound also. A few minutes later
we did hear a boom. Glad to read this on KSL and know what it was. I
called Fox News, as they were the only ones who would answer their phone
on a Sunday, and they didn't know anything about it.
--
David Entwistle