(meteorobs) 100 impacts on the Moon ... and counting #2

prospector at znet.com prospector at znet.com
Wed Jun 11 12:38:59 EDT 2008

Bruce,

  I've gone over my prior study of moon impacts and will soon post something
about it, but I did want to post what we learned in late June 1975 from the
Apollo seismic network. As I recall, about 7,500 events recorded by the
network were considered impacts, of that 175 impacts were larger events, 43
of them (24.7%) occurred in June 1975.  22 June (12 impacts), 23 June (10
impacts), 24 June(8 impacts), 25 June (6 impacts), 26 June (7 impacts).
This was a southern daytime shower, it was strong enough to affect our
atmosphere.

  I've been a little slow on posting my promised reply, I had to rework my
data to become familiar with it again after five years and I was
blacksmithing for seven days straight, six demonstrating for kids, the job,
equipment and work of a blacksmith.

                                               Dave English
                                           Oceanside, California

 I would be interested to read the opinions of one or