(meteorobs) Difference between Bolides and Fireballs -OT

jeffrey wilson smellystinkbug at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 13 09:58:52 EDT 2008

  The difference betweeen a fireball and a bolide is a bolide and a fireball is that a bolide is a meteor which may or may not burst into flames; a fireball is also a meteor whcih bursts into flames; it also may come out of a roman candle on the 4th of July!

Jean-Louis.RAULT at fr.thalesgroup.com wrote:

> [...]

May I suggest that c) is still a speculative assumption ?

Regards

Jean-Louis Rault F6AGR