(meteorobs) Meteorobs should make decision.

drobnock drobnock at penn.com
Sat Jun 14 13:12:27 EDT 2008

postscript
I am not advocating that Meteorobs be the originator for a definition of
bolide. As with most definitions, I am certain the IAU did review the
word at some time and made a choice not to include it in its lexicon.

This discussion about the term is on other sites:
see -
http://infinitewell.wordpress.com/2008/06/12/so-is-it-a-fireball-or-a-bolide/

It makes for an interesting chat, but is it important enough to find a
definition. Not really. The synonym for a fireball is a bolide.

George John Drobnock

Meteorobs should decide a definition in the VISUAL DISTINCTION of a
Bolide.

This topic has been on-going for more than a decade without any formal
solution.

The IMO may then decide to address it for any correction. Meanwhile we
would
be aligned.

Quote: "In the best case use of the term bolide is suited for a
spectacular
event that is observed visually"....<snip>  From Drobnock & others.

Hopefully It could be tailored for the mm meteor/Asteroid mass gap too.

-YCSentinel