(meteorobs) Meteorobs should make decision.

stange34 at sbcglobal.net stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 15 20:38:38 EDT 2008

It is my hope that a definition of Bolide will be a significantly higher
order of Fireball characterized by (ANY) of the below 2 observations.

a) Detonation accompanied with a seismic shock wave, either felt or
measured.

b) Visual evidence of flames, or a smoke trail. (Not Ion train).

<The above would be characteristics of larger mass fireballs at lower
altitudes.>

And possibly....

 c) An ablation duration of more than 3 seconds or 45 degrees apparent
azimuth
<again suggesting a larger mass object.>

YCSentinel.