(meteorobs) OT -Linux & Python mask building for Meteors & furballs.

stange stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 24 16:40:45 EDT 2008

Thanking Ed Majden for the information, I have created the steps (I use) to
make a precision mask for all-sky camera's. Granted my way is labor
intensive... but it does yield a superior permanent mask for both Linux and
Python Sentinel users. Short cuts steps can be utilized but at the expense
of precision and neatness in my opinion. Of course if you change the
rotation of your camera after making the mask you either re-do the mask or
re-align the camera back to its original aiming so that the mask and the
camera are co-aligned.

Instructions with photo's can be downloade and opened as a .rtf file or
saved to disk. This instruciton file WITH PHOTOS is 19mb. and download time
from my website is 1 1/2 minutes even with DSL. Sorry.....it only took 4
hours to make it. :-)  -YCSentinel

  http://www.geocities.com/stange34@sbcglobal.net/maskbuild_e.rtf