(meteorobs) Gave it a Shot

Bill Godley wwgj180 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 27 11:05:40 EDT 2008

I spent about an hour and a half last night centered on UT 05:15 (27JUL08) trying to spot a meteor (hopefully a JBO).  I was too tired from work and travel and really should have been sleeping instead, but I thought I might get lucky.  A profusion of lightning bugs didn't help matters.  While I thought I saw a very average meteor (brightness and velocity) emanating from the general vicinity of Bootes, I was just not lucid enough believe myself.  High clouds from Kansas storms started encroaching from the north and gave me final impetus to head to bed.
So, while I didn't see anything worth taking credit for, I hesitate to call it a meaningful observing session with useful (meteors = 0) data.