(meteorobs) Great fireball photo(s) on APOD

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Sat Jun 28 08:39:46 EDT 2008

:

>>Worth taking the extra
seconds to read the caption; let's  just say not all meteor photographers are
this  fortunate.<<
A couple questions come to my mind about these two photographs. ..

1) The wide angle exposure showing the milky way with pin point stars tells
me that the camera was guided in some manner and locked in with the  movement
of the stars. That being the case, why is  the clouds and  ayers rock images
not smudged  or blurred from the movement?

2) Why is this guy making an exposure with a telephoto lens aimed low to  the
ground? Or Maybe the picture from the telephoto lens wasn't meant to be  a
"sky" photograph? Instead, maybe he was trying to take a long exposure of  Ayers
Rock using the light of the Milky Way?

Anyhow, I personally get the impression that we are looking at some  darkroom
or computer manipulations from 2 or 3 different exposures.
GeoZay