(meteorobs) Great fireball photo(s) on APOD

stange stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 29 11:05:31 EDT 2008

Belatrix is right.

Australia is one of the few places on earth that can capture the full glory
of the milky way without domestic(ambient) lighting ruining the photograph
contrast & detail.

Other than the insert, I do not believe any massaging was done on that
photo. I have seen supurb photos of the MW from Austrailia before on
Astronomy websites and they do not need low Lux cameras in long exposure or
any touchup. A plain camera will do it.

The backlighting of the foreground brush was probably from a small camping
light.

YCSentinel