(meteorobs) Great fireball photo(s) on APOD

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Sun Jun 29 12:27:55 EDT 2008

:

>>..GeoZay, have you considered the possibility that the meteor  appeared
only a few minutes or even tens of seconds after the exposure  started,
so that there was not
enough time for  blurring?<<
It wouldn't matter, there would still be some kind of exposure or  focus
failure with the just one wide angle exposure. I have to assume that  the camera
is being guided on the stars some how. I don't know how else to get  that many
pinpoint stars. If you had an unguided exposure and the total  exposure was at
least 15 seconds and the image blown up as big as it is,  you should at least
start to see some lopsided stars.  So I'm  confident in saying that the
camera was guided on the stars somehow...which is  no harm and no foul at this
point. Also whether the camera is guided or  unguided,  the longer the exposure,
the more of a problem this image will  have with pinpoint stars and sharp
horizon features on the same frame.
GeoZay