(meteorobs) Great fireball photo(s) on APOD

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Sun Jun 29 12:40:59 EDT 2008

>>Click on the image and blow it up. You will see the camera is  NOT tracking
at all. The stars are stretched from celestial  motion.

It is a genuine short period photo without equatorial tracking  of any kind.

I do astrophotography now and then. :-)   YCS<<
Okay, I just did that and I have to agree now that the camera  was not
tracking the stars after all.  Apparently it had a relatively  short
exposure...perhaps around 20 to 30 seconds maybe? If after blowing the  image up there were
pinpoint stars, I'd still have a case....but I don't see it  that way now. So
it appears that the guy had a genuine one exposure  image for this wide angle
photo. Indeed it looks very nice and I have more  respect for it now. :O)
GeoZay