(meteorobs) Great fireball photo(s) on APOD

Norman W. McLeod III nmcleod at peganet.com
Sun Jun 29 12:45:36 EDT 2008

The star images look stretched to me without even blowing up the
image.  And the cloud images don't look sharp either.  Enough motion from
both to show in the needed time, maybe 15 seconds?  I would expect
astronomers as a breed to be much more honest with photography than various
other groups of folks.

Nice view of Crux with Alpha and Beta Centauri at the top.  I feel very odd
at not knowing intimately the rest of the stars in the photo.  Can't see
everything from Florida.

Since last July I am receiving only a few random messages from meteorobs,
plus a couple of individuals get through with all that they send.  This
thread made it through in its entirety.  I have talked this problem over
with Lew and the elves who are all mystified as to why this is
happening.  So I have to go to the archives to catch up on everything else.

No other news to speak of from around here.

Norman

Norman W. McLeod III
Staff Advisor
American Meteor Society