(meteorobs) OT -GeoZay

stange stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 29 14:16:08 EDT 2008

My apology to meteorobs. I do not know how to reply personally with
meteorobs. I do not get e-mail when a URL is attached thru Meteorobs.

To GeoZay....

Don't get me started! I used to dive for placer in the mother load with
Hookah & my Scuba (Certified) air with a 4" surface dredge and a 6"
subsurface.dredge tube. Did it for years with a club I had formed in General
Dynamics, Pomona around 1975 thru1979.

You NEVER, EVER get rid of the urge to get wet & dive again for Placer. (We)
and occasionally just me & my son, worked a lessor known river that usually
gets by-passed by modern dredge get-rich-quick people.

2-3 miles up the Merced R. from Hwy. 49. Good Placer still left in the
bedrock cracks when exchequer(sp?) dam backs the.water up high enough to
boat the equip. in.

But I don't think about it anymore...... ;-)  <Pant>