(meteorobs) Travel to IMC 2008

Bernd Brinkmann Bernd.Brinkmann at fh-bochum.de
Mon Jun 30 07:49:59 EDT 2008

Hello,

I'm searching for a convenient and fast possibility to travel to the IMC
2008. How do the other participants travel, especially those from
western Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands?

Up to now I found the following (starting point Bochum in the Ruhr
Area):

By car about 1250 km and estimated 14 h plus overnight sleeping.

By train about 20 h (start on Wednesday 19:36, via Mannheim and Vienna
and arrival in Banska Bystrica at 15:48) and retour starts at 17:51 in
Banska Bystrica and back in Bochum on Monday at 12:09 or 13:09.

There are no direct flight connections from Dusseldorf or Dortmund to
Bratislava. The best I found from Dusseldorf is via Budapest: LH 3472 departure
at 11:50 and back on Sunday evening with LH 3475, departure at 20:10 in
Budapest.

But it seems impossible to reach Budapest airport at 18:00 on Sunday by train.
So I would probably prefer to rent a car at Budapest airport.

I'm looking forward for your considerations.

Clear skies
Bernd

Bernd Brinkmann

Sternwarte Herne, MPC code A18