(meteorobs) Perseids this year

meteoreye at comcast.net meteoreye at comcast.net
Mon Jun 30 12:01:49 EDT 2008

The time closest to the peak will be on the morning of August 12th after the moon sets about 1:30 AM.
You will have to decide how much activity you will get during the evening before that with an 80% illuminated moon (~ mag -12). I'd imagine the public doesn't care too much about the moon.
ZHR's should be around 80 by morning twilight, while the moon is up before 1 AM there will be mabe 20 or 30 an hour, assuming clear skies. In my experience, that's enough for the public on a warm summer night.
Meteor Wayne

From: "Barbara Wilson" <bwilson2 at ix.netcom.com>