(meteorobs) Satellite bolide detection

Roberto G. md6648 at mclink.it
Mon Mar 3 14:08:35 EST 2008

From: "Jure Atanackov" <jureatanackov at email.si>
To: <meteorobs at meteorobs.org>
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2008 7:55 PM
Subject: (meteorobs) Satellite bolide detection

> Hello,
>
> can someone please help me here? I'm looking for contacts with people who
> have
> whatever kind of access to either U.S. DoD and DoE satellite data or
> perhaps
> some European counterpart? I'm still looking for any such data regarding
> last
> year's superbolide over Croatia and have not had much luck so far. I
> suppose
> the DoD does not make press releases with fireball data as it used to?
>
> Thanks and Clear skies!
> Jure A.

Hello Jure,

you should write to Peter Brown, he was the people that worked on the
data of  Dod, but if  I remember well many data was deleted after only some
days after.
If somebody can to write to him there are too the superbolid of 1 March 2008
saw in Northern Italy and Central Europe.
Best greetings.
Roberto Gorelli