(meteorobs) Counting the meteors, using a VLF receiver

a b abc.s5000 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 18:22:11 EDT 2008

Hello

First I want to thank you for your great website because it has much useful
info about radio astronomy.

I am an Electrical Engineering Student. Since I'm very interested in
Astronomy As my Thesis I want to Design a Circuit to detect the meteors
using a VLF receiver. Then I want analyze the spectrum using a computer and
count the number of meteors entered the ionosphere.

I have found some info on web. But very few of them was about VLF detection
method.

While most use other frequency channels.

1-Would you please tell me is it practical to detect the meteors using a VLF
receiver?

2- If yes, this propagation can happen on all VLF channel or we can receive
it only on a certain frequency?

Any useful information about this topic will be appreciated

I am waiting for your answers . . .

Sincerely

Alberto