(meteorobs) Counting the meteors, using a VLF receiver

Jean-Louis.RAULT at fr.thalesgroup.com Jean-Louis.RAULT at fr.thalesgroup.com
Wed Mar 12 10:01:40 EDT 2008

Hi Roberto

Well, I would say it depends on what you are interested in.

Are you interested in the "astronomy side", i.e. detecting, tracking,
counting meteors, for example, or the "geophysics side", i.e. the
interaction of meteors with the Earth atmosphere, inducing potential radio
signals reflections or generation ?

Using VLF is not the most effective way for an astronomer to observe
meteors, because the relationship between meteors and VLF is still an open
subject, with many interrogations ... but that's  a quite exiting domain for
a geophysicist :o)
Please get a look on
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/VLF_Group/files/Meteors/ to have an idea
on my ongoing work