(meteorobs) Swift Sees 5th Magn. GRB!

stange34 at sbcglobal.net stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 20 16:02:35 EDT 2008

The Sentinel system would have detected it being -5Mag (IF) there had been
some motion to it. Sentinel does not normally detect a stationary light
burst.

My second backup system(HandyAvi) ,would have detected it because it does
not rely on motion solely....failed because I had forgot to start it after
setting it up that night. My fault.

That system normally captures light bursts etc., and records many hundreds
of megabytes each night(mostly from airplanes) which I delete at each time
of the new nights setup.

I should not have missed that.....but it was an accident.

Larry
Yuba City Sentinel