(meteorobs) Swift Sees 5th Magn. GRB!

Rainer Arlt rarlt at aip.de
Fri Mar 21 13:47:05 EDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 03:04:46PM +0000, meteoreye at comcast.net wrote:
> Yes that is correct, but since the metors are distributed around the
> radiant in all directions, the lower the radiant is, the lower the
> majority of the meteors will be.

I am afraid I dont see this. As there was the question of the
velocity as a function of radiant elevation, it is actually
interesting to note that the largest angular velocity are
reached when the radiant is at the horizon. The angular
velocity increases with radiant distance up to 90 degr. It
also increases from the horizon to the zenith.

The maximum is reached when both facts coincide - 90 degr
radiant distance and 90 degr meteor elevation. This is only
possible when the radiant is at the horizon.

Best regards,
Rainer