(meteorobs) pi-Puppids 2008 prediction - activity is expected.

Mikhail Maslov ast3 at ngs.ru
Sat Mar 22 09:51:19 EDT 2008

Hello,

I prepared prediction for pi-Puppids 2008. It is expected that at
22:12 UT on 22 April the shower will give a small enhancement with
maximum intensity of 5-10 meteors on ZHR scale, meteor brightness
should be low. The outburst will be visble mostly from Brasilia.
Active trails - 1942 and 1947.
This result confirms the prediction made by Jeremie Vaubaillon,
although some difference in in maximum time. I used "vertical trails"
approach to reveal the possibility of this activity, direct analysis
doesn't show it. So far two different methods gave close results, it
strengthens reliability of the predictions.

http://feraj.narod.ru/Radiants/Predictions/predicteng.html

Best regards, Mikhail